Sunday, January 27, 2008

25th running of the John Beargrease


What do you do in Duluth in January for fun, go and watch the John Beargrease maraton that's what. Did you know that the long race is nearly 400 miles and the short race is 150 miles long? WOW! And I thought I was cool running Grandma's Half...ha!
We had a blast walking around looking at all of the sled dogs or in Jude terms "puppies". It is a pretty neat thing to watch the teams get ready for the race. The dogs are so excited, they are howling and quivering. Burke and I were wondering if they are trash talking the other dogs... Hey fur ball, on the trail, your mine! I digress....
The race is named in honor of John Beargrease, a man who delivered the U.S. mail along the North Shore by dogsled in the late 1800's.
Fun winter day event!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun Laurie! I can only imagine how excited Jude was to pet the puppies. I hope they were all friendly!
-Amanda

Kellyn, Peg, Steve, Maizy, Gabby said...

I love it! Kellyn loves boys who like puppies!